It was a long and fairly ugly winter this year and I expect a whole bunch of you can hardly wait to hit the trails. I am delighted to advise that first up for Wild Pink Yonder is a Pink-a-Palooza being hosted by ATRA at the Blackfoot Recreation Area and Grazing Reserve on April 20th. (That’s a Sunday.)
We’re riding out from Central Staging at 11:00am, and everybody is welcome. Registration starts at 10:00am and your cost is $20/rider.
The rules and the plan:
- You must be an AEF member.
- If you’re under 18 you must wear an approved helmet. (And Alberta Health thanks those of you over 18 who are wearing helmets.)
- Pinkify yourself and your horse. That’s the only way you can win a prize. (Well, that or eat dirt! *grin*)
- It will be a gentle ride, all walking unless you need to trot to catch up to the horse in front of you.
- Bring your own lunch.
- We’ll ride for 2 hours to Running Dog where we will have lunch and the Pinkest Horse and Rider will be chosen.
- No dogs, drinking or smoking on the trail.
- Yes, your $20 is tax receiptable. Make sure you fill in the form (available at Central Staging) so Alberta Cancer Foundation knows where to send the tax receipt.
- If you are collecting more pledges (not mandatory, but appreciated), please bring the names and addresses of those people too so they can have a tax receipt as well.
We’d love to see you there. And, whether you can come or not, if you wouldn’t mind, please download the poster below and hang it in your local tack shop, gas station, grocery store, etc. We hope to see you at Blackfoot’s Central Staging Area on April 20th.